Run intervals - what you need to know
Mon 26 Oct 2020
NTC's run interval training sessions at Northwood Stadium begin again on Wednesday 28 October.
Here's how it's going to work:
Before you arrive
- You must book in advance if you are participating as a runner, as a coach or a volunteer.
- To book via the website you must have registered and uploaded your personal details to the website. Instructions on how to do this are posted on the members' Facebook group under the "files" tab. Please input an emergency contact phone number in your personal profile too.
- You must book to attend by 8pm the night before (Tuesday night) via the website https://clubs.britishtriathlon.org/NewcastleStaffsTriClub/Coaching. Registration will be closed after 8pm on the Tuesday. This is to allow the session organisers the time to print the register, given the work commitments during the day on Wednesday. You cannot simply turn up or book late.
- You must have completed a Covid questionnaire to attend. This is available for download from the website https://clubs.britishtriathlon.org/NewcastleStaffsTriClub/Membership/Covid or on the members' Facebook group, under the "files" tab. It only needs to be done once.
- Although on Clubspark, the session states it is FREE, this is how we have had to set this up to enable payments on the night, cost is £3.00 each.
When you arrive
- Arrive from 6.45pm for a 7pm start. The session will run 7-8pm.
- Park in the car park (remember it's pay and display) and make your way through the main gate down to the grandstand.
- Arrive dressed to run. The changing facilities are closed.
- There are toilets at the end of the grandstand (not in the changing rooms), with hand sanitiser available, but you may wish to bring your own too.
- You can use the grandstand to leave a kit bag, or to sit and wait. Please use only the section of the grandstand closest to the entrance gate. This will prevent overlap with Stoke AC who use the other section of the grandstand before us.
- No spectators are allowed.
- The session is for seniors only, for the first few weeks while the new arrangements bed in.
Payment and registration
- Three coaches will lead the training, supported by four volunteers to provide guidance and facilitate the session.
- A club volunteer will check your name against the register and ask you to confirm you do not have symptoms of Covid-19 or that you have been asked to self-isolate.
- Pay for the session by card only. This will be done contactless via chip and pin device. No cash.
- You will be allocated to one of three coaching groups, organised by speed. You can't swap groups mid-session.
- Warm up by yourself on the track, allowing social distance, from when you arrive. Ask your coach for advice if you are unsure.
- Go to your allocated coach when ready, maintaining social distance, and follow their instructions. The drills will be done together.
- Your group will inevitably split as you do the session, which will be timed to the whistle.
- Overtake leaving an empty lane between you and the runner you are overtaking and don't run close behind the runner in front.
- When the session is complete please collect your belongings and leave via the main entrance gate. Please don't hang about in groups.
- Once you've stopped running on the track the rule of six applies - you must not be in larger groups.
- Please listen to your coach, and remember they are volunteers and only have your safety in mind
- It is possible that sessions may be cancelled, or numbers reduced, at short notice if a coach becomes unavailable unexpectedly. Please watch the Facebook group for a notification or a text message advising as such.
- It's also possible that you will be asked to self-isolate, should a positive case later be discovered in your group. This is a risk you will have to accept in attending.
- We know people have different opinions about the rules and have different personal situations. However, we need to create a safe environment for all and this will require everyone to get on board in making this work, whether you personally agree with procedures or not.
- If you're not comfortable with someone's behaviour, please say so politely or speak to the coach or volunteers. This is a team effort, and everyone needs to help.
Please also take into consideration the above rules are not set by NTC these are Government and British Triathlon Guidelines which we must follow, with no exception to keep our members and volunteers as safe as possible.
Thank you once again for you understanding and patience whilst the committee have been working hard behind the scenes to reinstate the Clubs training schedule, albeit limited at the moment.
Finally - enjoy yourselves and make the most of it. You've waited a long time for this, and it will be good to be back.