Return to training update, October 17
Sat 17 Oct 2020
More training sessions are planned to be restarted in the coming weeks, following the cancellations of sessions during the coronavirus lockdown period.
The Sunday morning and Tuesday evening runs restarted earlier this month and are going well.
The club is planning to restart interval run sessions at Northwood stadium from 28 October.
Our proposals are:
- A mix of level 2 and level 1 coaches will lead a series of groups, of either up to 16 (level 2 coach led) or up to eight (level 1 coach led). The groups will be arranged by speed.
- The number of members allowed will be dictated by the number of coaches available, so we may need to restrict numbers on some nights.
- Overtaking must be done at a lane-width's distance and when in lane you should maintain distance between yourself and the runner in front of you.
- The coaches will be supported by the volunteers who have offered to help run the track sessions, to help manage payment, registration, directions and social distancing protocols.
- The sessions will be for seniors initially, with the intention of extending to the older juniors as soon as the new arrangements have bedded in.
- Pre-booking will be mandatory, and payment will be made using a chip and pin device on the night. No cash payment.
- Booking can only be made through this website, so please do register onto this if you have not already.
- You must have returned the Health Screening Form and Declaration. These were sent to you by email on 20 September and are available for download on the ClubSpark site, under "membership".
- Guidance on arriving, spectating, use of toilets, payment and other practicalities will be issued in advance.
- Club volunteers will support the session in providing advice, guidance and support.
In addition, we will be asking whether members wish to restart the regular Saturday morning group cycle rides. Like other sessions these will have to be booked in advance and will rely on volunteers to lead a route and to run a register.
If you enjoy the Saturday cycle rides, or you want to start to ride in a group again, please consider volunteering to lead a route. Without volunteer leaders it will not be possible to run group rides. Please contact email@example.com if you would be willing to lead a ride.
The spin bike sessions are out of the question currently, but we are exploring providing a coached session by Zoom. The Zwift sessions also were popular over the summer and could also be restarted.
Club volunteers and the coaches are planning to test the new arrangements on 21 October and we would hope to host the first full session the week afterwards.
We have conducted rigorous risk assessments of the track sessions, as well as the steady runs and bike rides in the light of the Covid guidance and we will keep these under review in the light of our experience.