Updates on North Dorset Triathlon Club training, races, and events
2021 Spring Competition
Wed 24 Mar 2021
The Spring Competition will consist of outdoor cycling and running. It will start at 0000 hrs on Monday 29th March 21 and will finish at 2000 hrs on Sunday 23rd May 21. There will be no twist and no late submissions.
There are no formal prizes for this event, you will hopefully be taking part for the pleasure of competing with other club members.
Health and safety
In participating in this competition you agree to:
- Abide by current Covid restrictions.
- Abide by the highway code either as a cycling or a runner crossing a road.
- Wear a helmet when cycling.
- Inform someone of where you are going and when you plan to return.
Your personal safety is more important to us than beating your time or that of another competitor.
There will be 3 categories for running and 3 categories for cycling. You can choose a different category for running and cycling based on your race pace/speed. Once chosen, please do not change categories without consulting me. If I believe you are in the wrong category, I will contact you. If there are not enough people in a category I may combine categories. If there are too many people in a category I may create a new category. The Categories will be:
- Run Category A: 5km Park run PB time is sub 22:30. Minimum distance is 5 miles (8 km).
- Run Category B: 5km Park run PB time is sub 25:00. Minimum distance is 4 miles (6.5 km).
- Run Category C: 5km Park run PB time is above 25:00. Minimum distance is 3 miles (5 km).
- Cycle Category A: Average race speed is 16 mph or higher (26 kmh). Minimum distance is 30 miles (48 km).
- Cycle Category B: Average race speed is 14 mph or higher (22 kmh). Minimum distance is 20 miles (32 km).
- Cycle Category C: Average race speed below 14 mph (22 kmh). Minimum distance is 10 miles (16 km).
Results of each of the 6 categories will be published separately, so if you cannot run you can still participate in the cycle, and vice versa.
You can submit more than one run and one cycle per week but only your fastest run and cycle will be counted each week. Results will be published weekly after 2000 hrs on a Sunday. Late submissions will NOT be allowed.
Your run/cycle should start and end at approximately the same altitude.
When you submit your run/cycle, you must enter the following details for the run/cycle in the online form that will be accessible from the Club Spark Tri Club website:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Activity: Run or Cycle
- Category: A, B or C
- Unit of Measure: Metric or Imperial
- Distance – do not add km or miles just the number
- Moving Time – in the format hh:mm:ss even if the event is under 1 hour.
- Elevation Gain – do not add feet or metres just the number.
I will calculate your average speed from your submitted distance and moving time.
Running points will be given as follows:
- Average speed in KPH + (Elevation gain/100) + (Distance/10). For example running at 10 minute mile pace is 6 MPH or (9.6 KPH) with 200 m of elevation gain over 10 miles (16 km) would be:
- 9.6 + 200/100 + 16/10 = 9.6 + 2 + 1.6 = 13.2
Cycling points will be given as follows:
- Average speed in KPH + (Elevation gain/200) + (Distance/50). For example at 20 KPH with 400 m of elevation over 50 km would be:
- 20 + (400/200) + (50/50) = 20 + 2 + 1 = 23
To enter your results Click Here: Entry Form