Open Water Swimming & Coaching
We offer coached open water swim sessions that are aimed at beginners to the sport of open water swimming and intermediate swimmers looking to improve their skills in the open water for triathlon and distance swimming. If you want personal feedback on your stroke technique or are not confident with swimming in open water, then these sessions are perfect for you.
Please book on HERE
Saturday 5th June:
- Venue address is: Holme Pierrepont Country Park, Adbolton Lane, Nottingham, NG12 2LU. Go past the main entrance to the water sports centre, about 1 mile down Adbolton lane and you'll see a left turn (before Blotts). Follow this down to the lake where you'll see signs for open water swimming. There is plenty of parking and bike racks.
- Please arrive at 8am to sign on, session will run for ~1hr. No need to be in your wetsuit as we'll run through how to get into it properly in the session
- Please bring wetsuits (if you have one), goggles and bright swim cap. Warm clothes for after in case it's a bit chilly.
- Changing tents and toilets are available.
During the session we will go through:
- How to put on/take off a wetsuit properly
- Acclimatise yourself to the water and breathing techniques
- Open water swimming techniques
- Sighting & drafting
To give us some more information on your swimming background please can you fill out the questionnaire at the link below: