A 5 mile road race starting and finishing in the stunning rural village of Market Bosworth. The course
is undulating on country lanes and pavements, a great way to spend a summer evening in June
celebrating its 2 nd Anniversary of this event.
Start and finish at the Market Bosworth Sports club, changing and toilet facilities available. Limited
Important Information and how to enter
Date: Thursday 13 th June 2024
Start time: 19:30
Max no of participants: 300
Affiliated runner fee: £8.00
Unaffiliated runner fee: £10.00
Chipped timing on an officially measured course
UKA Race Licence: 2024-47873
Online entries are now open
The course starts on Coton Lane just after the entrance to Bosworth Water Park. The route will
follow Coton Lane before reaching Far Coton just after 1 mile, where the route will turn right.
Following the road down the hill, turning left before the Canal Bridge avoiding Tinsel Lane. Follow
Coton Lane to mile 2, where at Shenton Lane the route will turn left. Runners will follow the
undulating road until after the 3 mile marker they will turn left again on to Coton Lane. Upon
reaching Far Coton, the route will turn right heading down the closed road for the last mile. Upon
reaching Wellsborough Road, runners will be marshalled on the pavement on the right, turning right
the route will follow the pavement up into the Market Bosworth Sports Club car park. From this
point runners will turn right, through double access gates on to the grass area of the sports club,
heading straight towards the clubhouse for approx 50m to the finish line.
Take a look at the route here
1. No deferrals or refunds
2. Duplicate entries will be cancelled
3. Minimum age for entry is 18 on the day of the event
4. Runners to collect race number on race evening
5. No information will be posted out to runners. All information will be emailed out to
participants and/or on the website: https://clubs.britishtriathlon.org/1485TriClub/Events/BosworthFive
6. The race number is only to be worn by the person who has entered and must not be passed
to anyone else.
7. Race numbers are to be worn by competitors on the front of their tops. Numbers must be
visible, must not be folded, cut out or mutilated.
8. Name and emergency on the day contact number as well as any medical conditions, current
medication or any other medical information to be written on the form on the reverse of the
9. The use of headphones/MP3 players or similar are banned in this event. The course is
narrow in parts and rural. Should the emergency services need to pass you, you need to be
aware and able to hear them. You also need be able to hear the marshals instructions at all
times. You will be disqualified and removed from the results if they are used, please leave
them at home.
10. The course will be marked. Please follow the instructions of marshals and adhere to the
highway rules. You should always keep to the left hand side of the road unless instructed
otherwise by marshals.
11. Entry fees are non refundable and non deferrable even in the case of event cancellation.
12. The organisers reserve the right to refuse an entrant’s participation or attendance at the
event. We strive to organise safe and enjoyable events. Any entrant found in breach of
these terms and conditions will be excluded from future events.
Please note: separate T’s and C’s will be referenced as part of the sign up process
The event will only be cancelled or delayed by the Organisers due to unforeseen and unavoidable
circumstances. A decision will be made to cancel or delay at the earliest possible time. The website
will be updated as soon as possible with this information which will be followed up via email to
signed up participants. The Organisers accept no liability in respect of any costs and expenses
incurred as a result of such cancellation/delay and the race entry fee remains non refundable/non
deferrable. We will not be able to postpone the event to another date.
2023 results can be found here