Swim Open Water
Swim Open Water
We are very privildged as a club to have exclusive access to OWS at our local Blithfiled reservoir, in partnership with our friends at the Sailing Club, Thursday evenings from May to September. If it's ever cancelled we will announce it on our facebook page as much in advance as possible for everyone to see.
Our open water swimming sessions are open to the public as well as Stafford Triathlon Club members from May to September 6pm-7:30pm at Blithfield Reservoir Sailing Club (Waters Rd, Rugeley WS15 3DU) there's no need to book, just pay on arrival.
For safety reasons, before anyone can open water swim with us, you MUST bring a signed decleration form with you, be able to swim at least 800m, bring your own wetsuit and have a cap & whistle which are also purchasable upon arrival for just £3 each.
Upon arrival at Blithfield Sailing Club please drive through 2 gates then turn right into the car park, then you'll find us inside the Clubhouse (please note the gates may have a padlock wrapped around them but it shouldn't be locked so you can remove it to enter). Friends & family are welcome to spectate, you may also bring dogs but they must stay outside the clubhouse. Whenever the weather is looking good we may announce a picnic by the water after the session.
If you require anymore information feel free to email email@example.com
More Member benefits with Blithfield Sailing Club:
We are excited to tell you more about our growing partnership with Blithfield Sailing Club at Blithfield Reservoir.
Included in your membership with Stafford Triathlon Club, all our Staffies have now been offered the opportunity to also join the Sailing Club for free (usually £34 House Membership) for both our Adults & Juniors.
- discounted prices on drinks & food sold at the clubhouse bar/kitchen (there’s hot drinks, snacks & beers from £2!)
- unlimited use of the largest reservoir in Staffordshire with any of the Sailing Club’s activities & events (from learning to sail, windsurfing, wingsurfing, foiling, wing foiling, racing or simply having fun, there is an activity for everyone) we hear Paddle Boarding is on it’s way soon too!
- unlimited use of Clubhouse facilities and the sailing of Radio Controlled model boats
All you need to do is Opt-In or Opt-Out of the offer
Please note that Opting-In means that we will only pass your name and email address onto the Sailing Club (your information remains secure & it is not shared with outside 3rd parties) so that you can receive the benefits of the membership. Opting-out means that we will ensure your information is not shared with the Sailing Club & you won’t be able to receive any of the free membership benefits.
Additional Blithfield Reservoir information for the public who swim with us as well as our members:
- From 2023 we will be offering you hot drinks & snacks from the Sailing Club bar before & after your swim (spectators are also welcome to enjoy this service whilst you swim)
- We will also be hosting more social picnics for swimmers & spectators (so keep an eye on our social media to join us)
- April-May 2023 we are hosting a Start of Season joint social with Blithfield Sailing Club for you
- Dogs are welcome however must stay on a lead outside the clubhouse
- Excitingly we would like to offer our regular OWS volunteers a few special places on a free boat training day, get in contact to obtain your spot
- Paddle Boarding & Winter Swimming may be coming soon, we’ll keep you posted …