Chippenham Tri Annual Report 2019
Wed 11 Mar 2020
By Chris Maxwell
We are delighted to report another successful year for Chippenham Tri, the triathlon subsidiary of the Harriers and Wheelers. The club has a stable and active 100+ membership. The club continues to provide an environment where experienced and novice triathletes can develop, thrive and enjoy the rapidly growing sport of triathlon.
- The club now has a 2hour block booking at the Olympiad for swimming
- The number of qualified coaches is now 8 (with one Level 3).
- Chippenham Tri members competed at International level from Olympic to full-ironman distance, and again won a National triathlon relay title in 2019.
Summary of the accounts were circulated and accepted at the Chippenham Tri AGM and these will be independently audited. The club was running at a small loss in 2019.
For 2020 a new online club management system will be used via a BTF contracted system – Clubspark. This will allow members to join/pay straight away reducing admin time from secretary and treasurer chasing payments
2020 Membership will from run April 2020 – March 2021
2020 Membership Fees
- Standard membership: £20
- Discounted for Harriers/Wheelers - £10 (note this is a change from free to cement the financial security of the club)
- People who support club in significant way, e.g. coaches/committee members – Free (at chairman’s discretion)
The 2020 committee was approved at the Chippenham Tri AGM.
- Chairman – Chris Maxwell
- Secretary – Lucy Williams
- Treasurer – Lindsay Veevers
- Swim Coordinator – Lynsey Carpenter
- Championship Race Coordinator – Mark Robson
- Duathlon Race Director – Lynn McMillan
- Welfare Officer – Lisa Adams
- Social Secretary – Nikki Capp & Nicola Todd
- Kit – Belinda Stephenson