Follow NTC’s weekly training plans to get you ready for your next big challenge.
Designed by our level 3 head coach Julia Matheson, these plans will offer an ideal programme of preparation.
How to use the training plans
Use the plans to build your speed and endurance for:
- Your first sprint triathlon
- Olympic distance triathlon
- Half “iron” or full “iron” distance
- A marathon run
The training plans are designed around the time you can dedicated to training each week. They provide a variety of levels of intensity, time, speed and work on technique.
Other advice to consider:
- Have at least one day’s rest each week
- Have one easy week per month
- Do not train when you are ill or injured
- If you need to change your schedule try to keep the same balance of training throughout the week
- Consider using your bike when commuting
- Write down a short term and long term goal
- Record your training activities in a simple training log
- Use a heart rate monitor to measure your effort levels
- Train in groups for some sessions – particularly the longer/steady sessions
- Use a race bike for indoor sessions