Newcastle Tri Club’s championships are the annual competition for club members to compete against each other for the honour of being club champion – in both open and female categories.
The club championship places for junior members (aged seven to 16 inclusive) will be based on their positions in the West Midlands Triathlon Series.
2024 club championship races
17 March: Burntwood aquathlon
24 March: Oulton Park duathlon
31 March: East Leake sprint triathlon
21 April: Wilmslow triathlon & aquabike
28 April: Stratford triathlon
12 May: Ashbourne triathlon
19 May: Nantwich triathlon
19 May: Southport triathlon (including world sprint triathlon qualifier)
26 May: Darley Moor duathlon (including world sprint duathlon qualifier)
9 June: Chester (Deva) triathlon (including world standard aquabike qualifier)
22/23 June: Cholmondley Castle (multisports events and mixed team relays)
8 July: Woodhorn triathlon (including European sprint triathlon qualifier)
13 July: Arctic One Tri & Para-Tri Sprint Triathlon (including European Sprint Triathlon qualifier)
TBC: Boundary Breeze triathlon
4 August: Cowman Standard Triathlon (including World Standard Triathlon qualifier)
18 August: Blithfield triathlon and aquabike
1 September: Shropshire triathlon
1 September: SyTri (Shrewsbury) Triathlon
15 September: Nantwich triathlon
15 September: Darley Moor duathlon
6 October: Oulton Park duathlon
About the club championships
The club championship races are chosen to be relatively local and to provide a good mix of distances, terrain and open water or pool swimming. Several European and World championship qualifying events are also included, to encourage those age group athletes who wish to compete at international level.
There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings for both open and female categories.
Members must compete in at least three races, one of which must be a triathlon, in order to be included in the league. Their best three results count towards their final score. Scores are calculated as a percentage of the winner’s time in your age group, with the overall highest percentage the winner.
1. All participants must be members of NTC
2. Participants must enter as NTC and be listed as NTC in the race results. Please compete in club kit or use neutral kit if you don’t have club kit. Competing in the name of another club will mean your result will not count for the club championships.
3. You can enter as many races as you like, but at least one must be a triathlon. Your best three results will count. In the event of a tie, your 4th result will count.
4. Scores will be calculated by dividing the age group winner’s time by your time to produce an age graded %. The highest average % score at the end of the year will win. (This also deals with age changes throughout the year if competing in different age groups)
5. Any half and full distance triathlon events will count towards the ‘Going Long’ Club Championship award.