The club has a fantastic range of member benefits.
Our benefits and discounts are designed to encourage new members to have a go at their first triathlon and to support our juniors and their parents or guardians.
We also give something back to our coaches, activators, committee members and volunteers in return for all the time they give the club.
And we have a range of discounts provided to us by race organisers and local shops.
50% payment towards race entry fees
NTC encourages juniors to take part in the West Midlands series so the club will pay half the cost of race entry fees for events in the West Midlands Series and Super Series (for 15-19 -year-olds).
To claim the cost of entry please provide proof of purchase to junior coach Matt Jackson. Your fee will be refunded by the club treasurer.
Please note that you are expected to list your club as Newcastle (Staffs) Tri Club on your entry and to race in club kit for the West Midlands Series. This does not apply to the Super Series where you will be expected to race in West Midlands colours.
50% toward the cost of NTC kit
We know triathlon kit is expensive, so Newcastle (Staffs) Tri Club will pay half the cost of club kit for juniors.
Club kit is available to order two or three times a year from ProVision.
To claim the cost please provide proof of purchase to junior coach Matt Jackson. Half the cost will be paid to you by the club treasurer.
This offer is limited to of £200 worth of kit (ie £100 discount) per junior, per order. Please check with Matt Jackson if you are uncertain what you can order.
Please note that you are expected to list your club as Newcastle (Staffs) Tri Club when entering races and to race in your club kit.
Additionally, when your child has outgrown their kit (and if you don’t have another child to pass it on to) we would appreciate it if you would donate the used tri suit to the club’s stock of spare kit. This will mean it can be used by another beginner.
Adult member benefits
NTC wants to encourage new members to have a go at their first triathlon and to take part in team events.
Have a GoTri for free
Take part in a GoTri event within the first 12 months of joining the club and we’ll pay 100% of your entry fee.
Search the GoTri website for local events – in previous years there have been events in Staffordshire and Cheshire – book on, provide proof of purchase to coach Sarah Thorne and we’ll refund the cost.
Please note that you are expected to list your club as Newcastle (Staffs) Tri Club when entering the race.
Join our team relays for free
Take part in a fun team relay event with your team-mates at one of the Castle Series triathlon events.
The team relays provide a full triathlon (200m swim, 4.6km bike, 1.5km run) for each participant, so it makes a good taster event for beginners, or a furious sprint for those who are used to longer distances.
The club will pay 100% of the discounted (ask for the club code please) cost of team entry.
Take part at Cholmondley Castle, or any of the other Castle Series events.
Please note that you are expected to list your club as Newcastle (Staffs) Tri Club when entering the race and to race in your club kit if you have it. Every member of the team should be a club member.
Please contact team captains Michelle Marshall and Mark Hatton to let them know you are entering, to provide proof of purchase and to arrange for repayment.
Support to coaches, activators and committee members
All coaches, activators and committee members are volunteers and give up many hours of their time to support the club and its members.
As a gesture of recognition and thanks for volunteering the club provides:
- Honorary membership to coaches, activators and serving committee members (both individual or family membership)
- Payment of the required annual British Triathlon Federation membership to BTF qualified coaches and activators
- A standard club T-shirt to use when coaching (if you don’t have one already)
Free bike fit
• Level 2 coach Paul Adamson will provide a free bike position set up. Please contact him to arrange this.
- 25% off all Castle Series events - please ask for the code
- 10% off all PMA Racing events - please ask for the code
- 10% off all Endurance Life events - please ask for the code
- 25% off McA Fitness & Events duathlons booked at least three months ahead - please ask for the code
- 12.5% discount with club physiotherapist Catherine Swinnerton
- 10% discount with club physiotherapist and coach Ian Smith. Check out Ian's library of stretches on his YouTube channel.
- 10% discount at Peloton Rebel, Unit 17, Dewsbury Road, Fenton Industrial Estate, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 2TE
- 10% discount at PAU, Trentham Shopping Village, Stone Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8JG